For people who have time on their hands, surveys can offer an easy way to free airline miles. The largest survey company is E-Rewards.
For some airline sponsors, you need to have an invitation to join. These invitations are usually forthcoming if you have opted in to receive partner marketing promos. For some airlines, they have a link on their website so you can join whenever you want. Here are the ones from my Top 8 Programs for Eco-Travelers. Other airlines also have E-Rewards so please check with your frequent flyer program to see which ones are included.
1. American Airlines Earn 250 AAdvantage bonus miles* for enrolling in the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel. Earn even more miles for taking surveys that have been selected to match your interests. To enroll, visit www.e-rewards.com.
2. United Airlines As a MileagePlus member, you are invited to earn award miles by sharing your opinions with the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel. As a member of e-Rewards, you’ll receive e-Rewards Currency for participating in market research surveys that have been selected to match your interests. e-Rewards Currency can then be redeemed for MileagePlus award miles. Enroll today and you’ll receive 250 bonus award miles when you complete your first survey within three months of enrolling.*
* Bonus miles are available to newly enrolled e-Rewards members only.
3. US Airways By invitation only. Update your Dividend Miles profile and opt in to our ‘news and offers’ email for an invitation to join e-Rewards!
- As a Dividend Miles member, you may qualify to receive an invitation to join the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel.
- As a member of e-Rewards, you’ll accrue e-Rewards earnings for participating in market research surveys that have been selected to match your interests. These earnings can be redeemed for miles
4. Iberia Avios (can transfer to/from British Airways Avios) As an Iberia Plus member, you may qualify to receive an invitation to join the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel. As a Member of e-Rewards, you´ll accrue e-Rewards earnings for participating in market research surveys selected to match your unique lifestyle and interests. e-Rewards earnings can be redeemed for Avios once every 30 days, with no limit to the number of Avios you can earn. Membership is by invitation only. There is no cost to participate, and your privacy is guaranteed. Update your communication preferences to receive e-mail communications for special partner offers, and you could receive an invitation to join the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel.
5. Virgin Velocity As a Velocity member, you’re invited to enrol in the e-Rewards Opinion Panel and earn Opinion PointsTM for participating in market research surveys that are selected to match your interests. You can then redeem your Opinion Points for Velocity Points. Your opinions will influence the marketing decisions of leading companies. To enrol, simply tell us about your interests by completing the online profile to follow. The more information you provide, the more relevant and interesting the surveys you receive from us will be. You’ll receive 750 Velocity Points when you complete your first survey within three months of enrolling.
The other 3 of my recommended programs do not partner with E-Rewards – Avianca/Taca, Qantas, Singapore Airlines.
HOTEL LOYALTY PROGRAMS
The nice thing about joining through a hotel program is that they will give you access to redemptions on all of E-Reward’s airline partners. When you join via an airline partner, you will only be able to redeem for that one airline plus all the hotel partners so if you get an invitation from a hotel partner to join E-Rewards, jump on it! Hotel programs currently participating with E-Rewards are Club Carlson, Hilton HHonors, Choice Rewards, Priority Club and La Quinta.
Remember you are limited to one E-Rewards membership per person (email account) so choose your partner wisely!